Chatlands 2020 Suggestions

Suggestions for Chatlands
mithril
Discord: mithril#2276

Chatlands 2020 Suggestions

Post by mithril »

CL2020

I figured I'd start this topic here since I noticed no one else had yet - but I'd really like to have a discussion here because a lot of it was getting mixed up with Wolfhome suggestions for the chat when the new site launched, and not the overall Chatlands community.

Suggestions previously brought up and discussed can be seen on a document made by @Laika (which is heavily appreciated, thank you so much), here. Original discussion took place on the Wolfhome Forums

Overview:
- Global method of administration training for all sites for better consistency/conduct.
- Regular check ins/evaluations on chat owners & administration by Chatlands Guardians (previously known as Overseers).
- All administration and Chatlands Guardians taking more extensive professional training from outside sources to better equip them for handling their sites.
* links of free courses / training were provided and compiled into a document here by @Totem, which is appreciated!
- Establishing a concrete age for administration (18+) and a age requirement for Alpha rank & Chatlands Guardians (21+) with grandfathering in current underage administrators as the last.
- Public statement pertaining to Duke and exactly what happened within the community and what has been and will be done to fix any animosity and uneasiness in the community from ever fearing this to happen again.
- Allowing community opinion, or voting on Chatlands Guardian and who fills the position.
- A future Tech Support Team to help UD more and take the load off.
- Better marketing techniques and promoting CL on social media in other ways and other places than it is now, gradually moving toward a CL marketing team solely to do this.
- Renovation of the ignore feature, making it linked directly to accounts, not usernames(Really this should be crossed over on all account settings, and should be tied to an account, not a username).
- Adding a different section entirely to the PT system for reporting CL Guardians, Alphas, and Owners (due to admin abuse, CoC violations, CL Guardians level bans).
- Department on either each site or a CL Guardian that specializes in Human Resources for the overall well-being and administration health.
- A better "Customer Care" system, and being able to give feedback and fill out surveys/review forms (with the option to remain anonymous) for quality assurance after issuing a report.

Newer Suggestions:

- Regulations for sites when an chat owner gets banned, or leaves for long periods of times (what happens to the server itself) so that less server space is taken up on CL or the space can be actively used by another.
- CL community donations and events for smaller chats so that they can get the art and help they need kick-starting their sites and bring in more revenue to CL.
- Creating and marketing new aspects to CL so that it can compete with other sites that attract attention from younger and older age groups (ex: mmorpg's, fer.al, wolfing, etc.).
- Making poses easier to submit and edit (auto resizer, auto mirroring options).
- Consideration for minorities and setting what is case-clear regarding slurs, and how they are handled, and what isn't from each CL's Administration.
- Re-customization / re-haul of sniffs, and overall new customization features for user accounts for default sets, rooms, etc.
- Better transparency from the Administration(s) and CL Guardians.
- Have staff not count towards room count (this way they can enter any room with no issue).
- Art Theft / Handling stolen works better, and administration/CL sites that break these rules.
- 18+ Art Staff rule to ensure no minor is exposed to sexual/explicit content.
- Idle kicker that's timed and automatic for all users.
- Clean up / revamp to the CL website (www.chatlands.com) so that it's more user-friendly and has a fresh clean look.
- Deltas and the Delta bank having a better restriction on how currency is exchanged so that CL sites get the delta purchases to keep their sites running + keep the delta bank from crashing due to lack of investment.
---------

If I have missed anything, please post it below! I tried to get everything.
Last edited by mithril on Fri May 22, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Odal

Re: Chatlands 2020 Suggestions

Post by Odal »

I don't have much else to say than what I've already been saying on the wolfhome topic, but I am going to try and compile all of my responses there into a tl;dr version to put onto here, with links to the original comments as well
0 x
Formerly Jailbird
Fik
Discord: OrneryFox#7153

Post by Fik »

I will look into this! I'm sorry I though I had all the groups set up!
0 x
Look at me still talking when there's science to do
Fik

Post by Fik »

updated, sorry about that
0 x
Odal

Post by Odal »

Thank u Katie I love u
0 x
Formerly Jailbird
mithril

Post by mithril »

Something I've noticed @Fik is that the color of the post font keeps changing from a grey to white - and the hyperlinked words are incredibly hard to see if the font isn't white, because unless hovered over you can't tell it's a hyperlink. ;__; It works great on mobile though from what I saw, because it makes the hyperlinked word blue, but it does not on desktop.
0 x
Fik

Post by Fik »

I'll take a look tomorrow at this! I'll see if I can change a few colors
0 x
Fik

Post by Fik »

I've updated our master list. Many of these suggestions may have to wait until CL2020 or are under discussion FOR CL2020, so I'm leaving them in the under discussion section. Many of these suggestions are also accepted or we already handle them.

Like, for instance, art theft on CL sites, we do share this information with other owners/alphas. Especially if it's a freebie or premade that's floating around that was traced, or involves scamming. These instances are also typically handled at the guardian level. If we notice that a site has stolen artwork, we also handle that. Dependant upon number of offenses, this can result in ownership removal.

EDIT: Text for this theme shows white when it's a new post made by you. Then turns gray. I'll look at this

EDIT EDIT: I changed the text color for visited links! You should be able to see them a bit better now.
Last edited by Fik on Sat May 23, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
mithril

Post by mithril »

Thank you @Fik! I thought so about the art theft but I know many wanted it clarified. I’ll take a look at the list in a minute!

My only questions is that why is some hyperlinks blue and one is green?

Screenshot:
Overall thank you for the quick responses and updates! It’s greatly appreciated.

EDIT: On the desktop the hyperlinks are all green! Just mobile is blue for some.
Last edited by mithril on Sat May 23, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Fik

Post by Fik »

Maybe because you haven't visited those links on mobile? Could need to clear your cookies too.
0 x