Chatlands 2020 Suggestions

Suggestions for Chatlands
mithril
Discord: mithril#2276

Re: Chatlands 2020 Suggestions

Post by mithril »

Tried visiting the links - still green. Will try the cache/history thing though!!
EDIT: Clearing history worked!!
Last edited by mithril on Sun May 24, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Totem

Post by Totem »

dark mode dark mode (if it hasn't already been suggested) My migraines would be pleased
0 x
mithril

Post by mithril »

I definitely second a dark mode for chats itself (like the mysts) and other parts of the sites that are bright layouts! However I know some people like the lighter options - so maybe offer both?
Last edited by mithril on Mon May 25, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Boreas
Discord: Innocenti#2761

Post by Boreas »

mithril wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:14 pm
Thank you @Fik! I thought so about the art theft but I know many wanted it clarified. I’ll take a look at the list in a minute!

My only questions is that why is some hyperlinks blue and one is green?

Screenshot:
Overall thank you for the quick responses and updates! It’s greatly appreciated.

EDIT: On the desktop the hyperlinks are all green! Just mobile is blue for some.
I think some things get lost in code when you are on mobile. I've noticed that on some other sites, the hyperlinks appear blue rather that whatever colour is on the desktop site. Interestingly, I notice it the most on iPhones.

Not sure if this is the cause here!

Edit: Yikes. Didn't even see the second page. riperoni
Last edited by Boreas on Mon May 25, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Laika

Post by Laika »

Looks good :)
0 x
mithril

Post by mithril »

Another suggestion brought up in the CL2020 discord was having accounts based on a number, and then being able to have multiple usernames attached to the account. When adding a username or changing it, the account number wouldn’t change and due to it being assigned to an account, cannot be recycled (but deactivated).

Limited amount of usernames is agreed upon, and having each subscription unlock the ability to create more usernames for your account.

Mock up example(credit to Totem):
Last edited by mithril on Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
AutumnRain

Post by AutumnRain »

Agree with mithril. I don't know if this is still the case, but back in the day there was a username limit for "Free" users that was manually enforced by admins.

If you didn't pay for a subscription on any of your accounts, then you were entitled to three usernames.

If you had a subscription on any of your accounts, then you had unlimited usernames.

I feel like mithril's suggestion would very neatly wrap that up, as well as solve problems with Ignored lists, Friends lists, profiles/sniffs, gifts, and poses & rooms.
0 x
Totem

Post by Totem »

anon chatlands feedback? I know wolfhome has one but if I have a concern for chatlands as a whole but kind of don't want to make it seem like I'm trying to ruffle feathers? or can we use the wh anon form and just notate its for chatlands?
0 x
mithril

Post by mithril »

Totem wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:23 pm
anon chatlands feedback? I know wolfhome has one but if I have a concern for chatlands as a whole but kind of don't want to make it seem like I'm trying to ruffle feathers? or can we use the wh anon form and just notate its for chatlands?
please
0 x
Akala

Post by Akala »

We are working on it 👍
1 x